773.702.6565

Franck, James

James Franck Institute

Location: 1F East
Gordon Center for Integrative Science

One of the most longstanding interdisciplinary academic research centers in the world, the James Franck Institute was originally founded in 1945 as the Institute for the Study of Metals and renamed after Dr. James Franck in 1967. Dr. Franck was a Nobel Prize-winning atomic physicist and a member of the University of Chicago Department of Chemistry from 1938 until his death in 1964. Research at the James Franck Institute spans physics (including biophysics), chemistry, and materials science. Part of the Physical Sciences Division, the institute is located in the Gordon Center for Integrative Science and hosts office space, laboratories, and advanced research facilities.

BackPrint PhotoPrint Record
'); printWindow.document.close(); printWindow.print(); printWindow.close(); } // Attach the print function to the button click event document.getElementById('printButton').addEventListener('click', function() { printDiv(); });