773.702.6565

Dragstedt, Lester

Lester R. Dragstedt, M.D.Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgery, The University of Chicago 1948-1958, Painted by Shirlee Blumenthal, Donated by Friends and Colleagues

Location: 1F, P117
Albert Merritt Billings Hospital

The six-story Albert Merritt Billings Hospital opened in 1927. Facing the Midway Plaisance park, today the building houses clinical spaces as well as offices and laboratories for several clinical departments at the University of Chicago Medicine.

Albert Merritt Billings Hospital is named in honor of Albert Merritt Billings, an industrialist in elevated railroads.

BackPrint PhotoPrint Record
'); printWindow.document.close(); printWindow.print(); printWindow.close(); } // Attach the print function to the button click event document.getElementById('printButton').addEventListener('click', function() { printDiv(); });